Learn before the plunge

My son told me his interest about acquiring mutual funds. It has been his goal since he started working overseas - "just to make sure that his staying away from home will make some financial sense or benefit". The truth is  my son has tremendously matured as a result of his living abroad. He now thinks seriously about me and his father, about our future and I feel good seeing him grow emotionally enough to feel he is somehow responsible for his parents well being now that they are starting to grow old.

He's been offered a whole lot of things: stocks, additional life and health insurance. What's good about him is that he studies everything, all the angles, the risks and the benefits  before making a major decision. And that is definitely ideal.

I am glad that apart from making  research from just about everywhere, he has also taught of getting  more information from those who's had the actual experience of owning these financial instruments, who usually are friends and work colleagues.

After consuming the fact and fiction of investment instruments, he says he is now ready to take this much awaited calculated risk of a plunge. Yey!