My Grandparents

My cousin posted this most recent, I guess, photo of my grandparents on my father's side. My grandma Inang as we call her hails from Bulacan and my grandpa, Tatang as we refer to him is from Nueva Ecija.

My Titos and Titas look more like they descended from the Chinese or Japanese race, essentially because of the chinkiness of the eyes.

But my father though looks more like my grandma.


Feliza Fernandez Domingo and Jose Mendiola Domingo

I remember my Lola as soft spoken woman. Always slow and soft in the things that she wishes to say. My grandfather's style is ultra different. He seems to be always having a bad day and possess a nasty habit of cursing in the vernacular :-)

On my father's side of the clan, the men have MORE say in what goes on in the family. If my grandfather says something that goes without fail.. and growing up in that kind of family environment was kind of distressing sometimes because my father wanted to raise us similar to how he and his siblings were raised by his father :-)

The system has its merits and demerits.. suffice it to say that, that kind of a system will never work in this day and age.