Wanted Tutors

My nephew who has been based in Los Angeles for the last 20 years mentioned to me the other time that one of his kids might need a tutor this coming school year. Swell, I retorted. And in what areas would my grand kid have a need for a tutor I asked.. he said a math mentor might come in handy for his seventh grade son.. and  that he is having a difficult time finding a good one.

His son  might need a tutor to help the kid develop good study habits for his Math subject. Obviously, the kid feels he is inadequate as far as Math is concerned. You know, traumatic experience with bad Mathematics teachers in the past led him to this ridiculous conclusion.. and yes he is quite intimidated.

I advised my nephew to get a tutor who is  patient  but  firm. I told her the story about  my daughter providing tutoring services back then. She did it for the extra money.. to augment her small income way back when she was new in the profession; back when a basic  Bachelors degree was not enough and  Masteral teaching units were required to command a better pay. But she's way past that. 

And so my nephew got to the part of asking for referrals. I told him I was going to get back to him after I due diligenced from batchmates based in L.A. and San Francisco. Good, it did not take long for a Tutor Spree of information coming my way.

Talking over an international  free phone facility, I jestingly informed him that his tutoring problem is solved. I told him that  even if he is looking for boston science tutors or  wanting to hire a history or an economics tutor, I will give him the number to contact. "Surely, Tita, he said, "that group must have a site on the web".

Right on the nose, I said.