Ringtones, anyone?

My youngest son recently  asked me if I had ever tried using a ring tone on my cellphone.. well yes, I said.  From the time we started organizing our reunion which was held this year, my phone book grew bulkier and bulkier. And so I needed a tool to help me distinguish which people were calling.. were they college friends, or highs school classmates?  Perhaps high school batch mates?    Or my son and daughter based abroad?  Additionally, my immediate family who are  here in our home country. My Mom? Also the list of my friends has grown longer because of social networking sites like twitter and facebook and google 1.

Ring tones sure help me decide whether  to address a phone call immediately if  I know through the ring tone that it is a family member or maybe  better or wiser to get the call later when I am in a less noisy place or situation. It identifies somehow, the urgency of the call. In that sense, it is very, very  useful to me. Like I have this police siren kind of ring tone, which indicates  it's my brother who is a  policeman, calling. Another type is that of the bruno mars ringtones. Because I am a fan of the celebrity, why not?

As to the question of accessibility - or how easy it is to get these ring tones in the phone is another story. telco provided ring tones are ordinary. everyone has them. Others, who prefer more sophisticated types  like the mobile 17  provide a wider variety of preferences. Ring tones are definitely here to stay, just a question of quality and ease of accessibility.

 What's important for me is,  I am able to have fun using my cellphone and all its accoutrements. Cheers!