Skip to main content

Life Remains Full of Promise

I like the version sang by Barbra Streisand

I like the song because it reflects something in my life for a long time now.
Some people think that we do not need another human being to be happy. I guess that is not absolutely true most times :-)


When the mellow moon begins to beam,
Ev'ry night I dream a little dream;
And of course Prince Charming is the theme:
The he for me.
Although I realize as well as you
It is seldom that a dream comes true,
To me it's clear
That he'll appear.

Some day he'll come along,
The man I love;
And he'll be big and strong,
The man I love;
And when he comes my way,
I'll do my best to make him stay.

He'll look at me and smile
I'll understand;
And in a little while
He'll take my hand;
And though it seems absurd,
I know we both won't say a word.

Maybe I shall meet him Sunday,
Maybe Monday, maybe not;
Still I'm sure to meet him one day
Maybe Tuesday
Will be my good news day.

He'll build a little home
Just meant for two;
From which I'll never roam
Who would? Would you?
And so all else above,
I'm waiting for the man I love!

Song Written by George Gershwin in 1927 and has been sang by many outstanding singers like helen Morgan, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Cher and Barbra Streisand

Popular posts from this blog

Ibanag and Filipino Childbirth Rituals

"For parents, birth rituals and ceremonies provide an immediate sense of connection as well as inclusion of the child into the clan, tribe or community. These rituals establish at a very early stage, who they are. The rituals also serve as guideposts as they grow and develop their own sense of identity. Even if they drift away from or reject their heritage, their early experiences give them a place to return to if they so choose".

The Ibanag culture is filled with childbearing rituals and practices which have been handed down from one generation to another. Here are some of them.

1. It is said that if a pregnant woman has a lot of blemishes or pimples on her face, her baby will be a girl.
2. If the mother glows and radiates beauty, the baby will be a boy.
3. If the mother craves for sweets and other carbohydrates, the baby will be a girl.
4. If the mother is craving for oily or fried foods, the baby will be a boy.
5. The mother should not eat 'balut' (a native duck egg d…

February Christmas and my new iphone

My son JD gave me this phone as a Christmas gift. Thank you!

Play