It's father's day once again


I am not a father but everytime I watch this movie, I have tears in my eyes. It is a story about a father and son whose had a not so perfect relationship. Mom and Dad divorced. And then Dad gets sick. All of these happening against the backdrop of a blossoming career. On the verge of almost losing his grip on his job, losing focus because of problems created by his personal life, Tom Hank's character in the movie chooses to  take care of  his Dad despite the threat of losing his job. Forgiveness and compassion is one human aspect that moves people to do the right thing. After all nobody is perfect.

Happy Father's Day to my partner. And a timely reminder:

"Fathers do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

And to my Papa who is I am sure in a place better than everything here on earth I have  to remind myself  to so something like this:

"My father died many years ago, and yet when something special happens to me, I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears, but it makes me feel better to half believe it."
And to my brother who's with my father up there: "the good die first." Be happy where you are my bro. You have always been a very good father.

Thanks to wiki here for the movie poster.