My Mother I Am

Happy Mother's Day Ma!

Today is our day. Should be.. day off.. relaxation .. spa moments.. hair or foot .. off from the stove.. simply just laying back..

I am glad you are enjoying mother's day over there at your  hot and humid Northern hometown.. Hooray!

 All I can offer to you this year are these mother quotes I found from the web:
 I used to believe that,  "the commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes one a mother—which is as absurd as believing that having a piano makes one a musician."

But as I was growing up, I thought that,  "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

And on to adulthood, the task, "To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power."

And then,  "Over the years I have learned that motherhood is much like an austere religious order, the joining of which obligates one to relinquish all claims to personal possessions."

"Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother's secret hope outlives them all."

And when I got my own family, "By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class."

Today, as I am at the threshold of my own aging process, I am sure as the rising sun,  with all humility that,
"Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not."

Happy Mother's Day to All the Mothers of the world!!!