Why does everyone seem to be getting the big C?

I have only two brothers. My father's gone but thank God my Mom is still around. I don't know how to say this but my brother is also with colon cancer stage 3. His children are aged 13, 11 and 3. Too young to lose a parent. It's been awhile since I learned this, but didn't have enough courage to write about it anywhere; as if not talking about it will make the ailment go away.

But because Cory Aquino just died of the same ailment, I finally got enough gut to speak about it. I consider myself a coward, refusing to think of what is going to happen. I fact I have only seen him twice since the news broke out. I realized, how selfish of me, thinking only of my personal pain, instead of doing my share in attempting to give him comfort in whatever form.

Today, I cry and cry and cry for my brother... his children and Cory Aquino.