Happy Birthday Jigs

It is my son's 26th birthday today. He is my youngest and somehow proven to be the mischievous one. I was talking to him last night and happy to know that he did will during his training. He says that if he really makes the grade in this company, there's a chance he might have the opportunity to do further training in Canada. He likes the product, but it's gonna be tough, by his own admission.

I loved that enthusiasm.

He said a learned a few things when he was out of work - money, disbelief that he didn't make it at stellar, how the mistakes were not even smart mistakes during the finals, how bad he felt disappointing his two favorite trainors, etc. Thus, the self-imposed isolation.

That's all in the past now. As always, the learning is the better part of that experience.

I just told him that perhaps, it was not meant to be and that he was destined for something greater.

No one is perfect. Certainly, not this youngest of my brood. But I love him. We all love and care for him. Sometimes it is the mis-communication or lack of it that 'isolates' him from he rest of the family.

Now, would I ever let that happen?

Thoughts that matter:

Each ten years of a man's life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires.
- Goethe


We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man's estate, is the gift of education.
- Jean Jacques Rousseau


Photo taken Christmas 2007. He is a lot thinner now :-(