Learn the Ibanag dialect?

As I mentioned in one of my prior posts somewhere in one of my blogs, the Ibanag dialect is somewhat difficult to learn because when you speak it you can sound like a chirping bird :-)

I learned the dialect by just hearing it from my Mother who use it everytime her relatives come to our home to visit. And this was not that often. You see, her relatives from Isabela, that's where she was born, come to spend their vacation with us every summer, yes the whole summer months. And yes, EVERY summer of EVERY year. Well, they don't come empty handed. They bring sacks of rice, ample stocks of meat enough to feed all of us for 1 month. They bring live animals too, like chicken, piglets, not to mention baskets of fruits and vegetables, even our neighbors get their share.

Wherever Ibanags are, you know they are around because they are so loud and so noisy. They have this habit of speaking all at the same time :-)Sigh. Now if that is not enough reason for anyone to learn the dialect, I don't know what will. But I am really glad. I enjoyed learning. Eventually, my 2 brothers and I got the drift, so to speak.

So if you think you'd like to get a taste of the dialect, try it here.
Goodluck.

Cheers!

An Aside:

Below is a copy of a short email I wrote to the site as a way of asking their permission.

Hi there,

I have taken the liberty of linking your work/site to my blog located at: http://ibanagfamily.blogspot.com. My post spoke about an invitation to my readers about learning cursorily if you may, the Ibanag dialect. I hope you understand that I had already published it before I discovered that I had to ask this permission. However, if you think I need to delete it from my post, that should not be a problem.

However, this was their reply:

Sorry - this message looks too much like spam to save. If this is a mistake and you're not trying to sell us various medications or direct us towards websites of a dubious nature, then please try again.

If you are trying to spam us, then why not do something worthwhile with your life instead?


Thank you very much.