Celebrate Life Everyday

Aging is inevitable. Much like death, all humans will eventually grow old. Perhaps, I am on the verge of meeting the inescapable. I am happy but not really ecstatic that soon this certainty will come to pass. Now what do I still need to do to make the passage as cool as possible. Here's a few from my list:

1. Continue marketing. Go to the market to buy our week's supply of foodstuff. The slight anxiety from all the bargaining helps strengthen my negotiating skills thus, sharpening my memory cells.

2. Get it going with the cooking. Early on, I used to consult cookbooks before I can cook a relatively good dish but not anymore. Cooking came in as a creative exercise. Concocting different food preparation styles including different combinations of ingredients made cooking an adventure.

3. Housework? Done! Makeover the house. Clean the bathrooms, Wash the dirty kitchen and laundry sinks. Sweep the dried leaves accumulating in the garden without let up. Wash the dishes. Dry and iron the clothes, the curtains, the area rugs. Anything that needs washing, go ahead go -- - wash.

4. Listen to music. I now know for a fact that music can help soothe wounded feelings. Choose a romantic or significant sentimental song. For anger management you can try listening to the 3 tenors; the louder the better. Or try the old Bon Jovi songs. The rhythm can actually bring down the intensity of your anger.

5. Read up. There's so much to learn actually. From books, the internet or even from the local newspapers.

6. Surf cyberspace. Get to peek at a few pages of your regularly expensive publications like Men's Vogue or Vanity Fair.

7. Learn to blog. That's what I am doing now. This way I get to practice my writing skills if ever I had any. Who knows, I might make some money out of it.

8. Learn a foreign language. I started through the internet, quite unsatisfied but still at it. Sometimes I watch Arirang for the Korean language or TVMonde5 for French, and sometimes the German channel on my cable.

8. Pleasing the partner. Massage his back. Give him a face spa with virgin coconut oil. A foot spa is not far behind. Or maybe a hair spa after the regular monthly hair dye.

9. Meditate. Pray. Talk to God. I am sure it will please HIM.

10. I know there's a thousand and one things to do to make every last hurrah a celebration. Now Watch me do it.